Things to consider when hiring a roofing contractor
1) Hire a local contractor. We get calls daily from people who have problems but cannot find the roofer who put on their roof. It’s not hard to find us we have lived in the Tontitown/Springdale/Fort Smith area all of our lives.
2) Perry Roofing has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB is still relevant in helping you make the decision on who will put a roof on your home. Angie’s List, The National Roofers Association and local Chambers of Commerce are also good sources of information. Also a call to local shingle suppliers will get you some good information about your roofers’ financial standing. Perry Roofing will never ask for money up front. Make sure the shingles have been delivered before any money is paid out on your project.
3) Ask your salesman for references or better yet ask a neighbor or friend. We feel confident that Perry Roofing is among the best.
4) The State of Arkansas required that all tradesmen from roofers to handymen have a license for work over $2000.00. For work over $2000.00 and under $20,000.00 it is a Home Improvement License. For work over $20,000.00 and to do commercial work it is a Contractors License. The State of Arkansas also requires that a General Liability and Workers Compensation policy is in place. Perry Roofing has a Contractors License (License # 0249280514) and carries a $1,000,000.00 General Liability policy and Workers Compensation Policies in Arkansas and Oklahoma.
5) Ask about the manufacturers warranty and the labor warranty before work begins.
6) Never allow staples to be used to install your shingles.
7) Existing felt paper should be replaced with a new layer of felt if the old felt is removed with the roof tear off.
8) All valleys should have a special membrane (commonly called ice and water) or metal installed.
9) Plumbing vents should have new flashings installed. Never allow plastic booted flashings to be used.
10) Walls and chimneys should be checked for bad flashing. Now is the time to install this if the old is bad. An extra fee sometimes applies.
11) The average roof should take 1 to 2 days to install. Ask your salesman how long the replacement will take. Who wants someone pounding on their roof for a week? Perry Roofing uses experienced roofers who will complete your project promptly.